Thursday, June 22, 2006

Something is missing in my writing - I don't know what it is.


For a time now I've been struggling to bring more to my words, but with no luck. I feel like half a picture at times - you can guess at what should be there, but there really isn't any proof that you're right. I put words on the paper. I can sense the depth beneath them. I just can't reach that space. It is, quite frankly, driving me batshit.

Tomorrow is IX.30. My current dilemna is what to do next - see, I made a promise to a friend to write a poem a day for a year - though I've amended that to editing older pieces and writing prose bits. Neither of which I can do in 30:30... but I'm feeling so drained by the 30:30 process. I checked - I finished round one on July 23, 2005. I could theoretically do another round (thus ten in a year - which is 300 days + sundry false starts). I could, but I'm tired. I just don't know how much commenting I'm oblidged to do if I'm not writing there (I'm moderator, see)... as that takes up a lot of time and energy.

Goal: To submit places by the end of July. Any readers have any suggestions? All will be welcomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home