Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Spring has reared it's ..

No, no. That's not going to work.

So, I've started reading Jack Hodgins: A Passion for Narrative. I'm also midway through Stephen King's: On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. The two are quite different. I have to say I haven't read anything of King's before, but the book is an interesting read, and has decidedly given me a thing or two to contemplate. Passion comes from a slightly different angle, and has activities for the reader (nope, haven't done any yet). It's a much more focused book. I like them both, but neither touches Natalie Goldberg and Writing Down the Bones.

So, what do you like to read to hone your skills?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Mallino said...

Lisa,

I'm currently reading Denise Levertov's New and Selected Essays. I'm enjoying it greatly. She heavily compares writing poetry to writing music and refers to both as "scores".

7:20 AM  
Blogger lorguru said...

Hi Lisa! I've never really read anything about how to write. It shows, doesn't it?!!!(don't answer that!) It is part of my stubborn personality and the way I like to discover things on my own. I know its rather naive or perhaps ignorant. I'm positive I could learn something from it. Perhaps you will inspire me!
-laur

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home