Tuesday, March 07, 2006

So it seems that blogspot is where all the poets are. I feel compelled to write intelligent and poetic bits and pieces in self defence! Actually, it is hard to find a captive audience for those sorts of things. Gods but I'm missing university right now.

Back to the topic at hand - two things I need to do: 1) network (another thing I suck at) and 2) submit!

I'm trying to be braver. I need to polish stuff up first. Does anyone but me look at their old work and think "Gah, what shite!"? How do you deal with it?

2 Comments:

Blogger michi said...

not look at it? *L*
actually, i quite like a few of the things i wrote ten years ago, but i tend to think "ah but that isn't the best word choice, i don't like this line break ..." although some poems are pretty crap. but that's okay. if i still thought it was all brilliant, then my skills would not have developed at all! that would be VERY sad. *S*

m

6:55 AM  
Blogger Ralph weeping for the end of innocence. said...

Yo liadra -- YOU GO GIRL!!!! Thanks for subbing your poetry to johnvick.org!!!! I love having you there. I love all the poems, but especially Anointed - and I know you worked your ass off refining it. Thanks so much for allowing me to feature your work. It's a thrill.

Hugs,
John

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home